The Shipwood bookcase has a couple of very special features: the old boat timber from which it is produced, which gives it a one off finish, and the unique divides that are used to create the shelving space. It’s design meeting sustainability.
Shipwood Dark Bookcase
The Shipwood bookcase has two original features. Firstly, the old boat timber from which it is produced which gives it a unique finish. Secondly, the slanted divides that are used to structure the shelves allow for untypical storage spaces.
The Shipwood collection uses antique pieces of recycled ship wood from trade boats from the Pearl, Li, Yangtze and Huang Rivers in Southern China. Some pieces include Douglas Fir and Teak Wood from boats as old as the Qing Dynasty.
This collection is designed with Logan Komorowski’s signature design to give a contoured effect as light refracts between the wood slats. The salvaged wood is reinvented to create a new effect.
- Designer: LDK
- Material: Reclaimed antique boat wood, stained to dark oak
- Dimensions: Height 178 cm, width 120 cm, depth 35 cm
- Height of each compartment: 41.5 centimetres
- Sustainable design through reclaiming old wood
- A plaque on each piece of furniture states the age and origin of the wood used
- The model is delivered fully assembled
|Dimensions||35 x 120 x 178 cm|